Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another ice weirdness [40c]  (Read 1492 times)

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
Another ice weirdness [40c]
« on: August 28, 2008, 11:04:34 pm »

First two sure are bugs
1) Dug out ice in a murky pool instantly melts. It should not melt when dug out, or it should've melt before.
2) Engraved ice floors show "Sculpted ice floor Sculpted ice".

Another two is just a bit of inconsistency.
1) Ice floors on top of ice walls in frosen pools leave no water after melting. However, if they are engraved they will melt into 1 waterlevel. Leaving me with a full pool AND a single level of water above it.
2) When digging ice from a pool normally it leaves no floar beneath, just a murky pool. However, when you dig a ramp and then it's autoremoved with supporting wall destruction, it leaves ice floor.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Another ice weirdness [40c]
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:43:37 pm »

The typo is now fixed and the bottom two have been noted down.  I can't get the first part about the melting ice to reproduce.  Do you have a save?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Raumkraut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 10:14:39 pm »

My current fort is in a fairly cold biome (two of them actually, one slightly colder than the other) - water freezes from late Autumn to early Spring.
I've noticed that different forms of ice melt at different points in time/temperature. Loose "water" stones melt first, along with any workshops built with them. A short time later the ice walls/floors (murky pools, etc.) will melt into the 7/7 stacks of water. This means that, for a time during the thawing process, the behaviour described in the first #1 is exhibited.
At some point water-constructed bridges also melt/disassemble. However, no construction (wall/floor/etc.) built from ice has so far disappeared on me - even through the height of summer.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:27:50 am »

The save will wait until I live to the winter again... Which will be a long time due to the fort's speed at the moment.

If anyone has a strong machine, though, he can do the fort until winter and then post it.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0