Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40c] Reproduceable crash (human siege related?)  (Read 478 times)

wiki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[40c] Reproduceable crash (human siege related?)
« on: August 24, 2008, 10:22:03 am »

Hi,

My current fortress crashes (as in "has encountered a problem and needs to be closed") at a certain point. I'm not sure about the exact cause, but there's a human siege going on, and the crash always happens some time after they've set up their camp fires. Therefore, the crash might be related to the humans trying to charge my fortress (which they always did after some time in past sieges). This crash also occurred in 40a and still occurs after updating to 40c.

I'll try to get a savegame closer to the point where the game crashes, my current save is quite old.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [40c] Reproduceable crash (human siege related?)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 04:06:01 pm »

If you manage to get a reproducible crash, then yeah, please send in the save.  I'll need the region folder in some kind of zip/rar/7z, and any new objects that were added to the raw folder.  If it's less than 20 megs, you can send it to toadyone@bay12games.com.  You can also try The Dwarf Fortress File Depot which has a special section for bugged saves.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!