Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ah...Sadly, my useless ores.  (Read 2517 times)

Hadriel

• Bay Watcher
  • M- Medic?
    • View Profile
Re: Ah...Sadly, my useless ores.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 10:27:31 pm »

I'm also trying out this chess idea once I find bright colored rocks.
Urist McDwarf: 'Ey, Kogan. You're now known as Assbutt in human.
Kogan McDwarf: Damnit!
"Urist McMayor likes copper for its lustre, giant olms, and talking to small pebbles.  He has trouble opening doors.  He needs alcohol to get through breakfast."

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 12:10:10 am »

I make my barracks floors and walls out of kaolinite and bauxite.  So that the soaper doesn't realize what's going to happen to him when I first draft him.

Weev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 01:34:21 am »

No, but those useless peasants make for great sport for your Duke!
Oddly enough I find it weird that Dwarves currently cannot attain godhood.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 08:26:12 am »

I've pretty much got the chessboard done, I used rhyolite instead of obsidian so I could use my existing fort for this. it took surprisingly little dwarfpower to do...

I've decided a new way to choose which immigrants to kill: Play chess, if they lose, they die. If they win, the die slowly for upstaging me.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:13:54 am by Joseph Miles »
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

EvilCheerio

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats Candlejack doing h
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 10:52:38 am »

Hmm, i wonder if i could make a Chess board, and instead of putting pieces on it, i would just station various members of my army there, with custom profession names of course. Of course in real chess you never have the problem of having you king get up and leave because he's hungry.
Delicious wine biscuits
 A real dwarf can survive on meals consisting of Wine, beer, and more wine.

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 11:28:21 am »

Anyone else have the idea for a chessmatch succession game? It'd have to go monthly or seasonly... each player would be on one of two teams, and the losing team is determined by the team who loses the chess game OR who lets the fort die before the match is over. One move a month/season (depending on what is agreed upon), performed by the dwarves taking down then rebuilding the pieces. If your dwarves don't get around to it by the time your turn is up? You lose! Just like in real chess games with a time component!

Anyone else up for this?

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 12:28:44 pm »

Anyone else have the idea for a chessmatch succession game? It'd have to go monthly or seasonly... each player would be on one of two teams, and the losing team is determined by the team who loses the chess game OR who lets the fort die before the match is over. One move a month/season (depending on what is agreed upon), performed by the dwarves taking down then rebuilding the pieces. If your dwarves don't get around to it by the time your turn is up? You lose! Just like in real chess games with a time component!

Anyone else up for this?

When I'm done with this BBQ prep(Saturday, big family thing 150+ people) and various other forts I'm working on that sounds good. I was gonna suggest something similar, but though it was too much.

How about a checkerboard?
Fuck checkers, I'm making "Sorry" when I get the chance.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Hadriel

• Bay Watcher
  • M- Medic?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 11:20:36 pm »

I've pretty much got the chessboard done, I used rhyolite instead of obsidian so I could use my existing fort for this. it took surprisingly little dwarfpower to do...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u48/thehunter6692/DWARFCHESSSSBOAAARDD-1.jpg?t=1219846212

I've decided a new way to choose which immigrants to kill: Play chess, if they lose, they die. If they win, the die slowly for upstaging me.

Hadriel has been esctatic lately, he admired a exceptional chessboard lately.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 11:22:10 pm by Hadriel »
Urist McDwarf: 'Ey, Kogan. You're now known as Assbutt in human.
Kogan McDwarf: Damnit!
"Urist McMayor likes copper for its lustre, giant olms, and talking to small pebbles.  He has trouble opening doors.  He needs alcohol to get through breakfast."
Pages: 1 [2]