Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help me cheat, please -_-; (mooding dwarf needs item I can't get in time)  (Read 4844 times)

nordo

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think so, Urist.
    • View Profile

One of my vip dwarves went on a mood and needs silk cloth.  How can I add that into my fort?

I tried adding

[ITEMCORPSE:CLOTH:ITEM_CLOTH_CLOTH:THREAD:CAVESPIDERSILK]
[ITEMCORPSE_QUALITY:5]

To the [CREATURE:CAT] entry in creature_domestic, then butchered a cat, but no silk cloth was created.

Any ideas?
Prepared monarch butterfly brain.

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog

I havent modded any raw files but I *think* you need to generate a new world for the changes in the raw files to come into effect.

nordo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to the wiki, this is one of the few changes that can be made between save games, no new world or new fortress needed.
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Cheating#If_you_feel_you_need_your_enemies_.28or_victims.29_to_drop_better_loot...

I searched all through the raw\objects files and I didn't see cloth in there anywhere, so I'm just taking guesses on how to name it in the creature file.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:29:11 am by nordo »

nordo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got it!  Imagine my hunter's surprise when his freshly strangled deer turned into a bolt of silk cloth. (he still "returned his kill" to the stockpile though.

This is what I added to the DEER data:
        [ITEMCORPSE:CLOTH:NO_SUBTYPE:SILK:SPIDER_CAVE]

Obviously, the temptation to have all deer turn into masterpiece adamantine weapons is strong.  Maybe this knowledge is better left unknown... a player could turn a fortress full of cats into a fortress full of swag.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile

You can run dwarf companion to alter the items he is looking after.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As a note when you use this tag you cannot butcher the creature as butchering does not leave a corpse.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Note about modding: Creating a new creature/object/reaction/stone/metal will require a new world to be generated. Modifying already existing ones is just fine, you just need to re-start DF.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Baneslave

• Bay Watcher
  • Claymore Thrower Dwarf
    • View Profile

And another note: butchering animal doesn't create ITEMCORPSE items, AFAIK.
[BUTCHERABLE_SIGNATURE]

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

And another note: butchering animal doesn't create ITEMCORPSE items, AFAIK.
One of my vip dwarves went on a mood and needs silk cloth.  How can I add that into my fort?

I tried adding

[ITEMCORPSE:CLOTH:ITEM_CLOTH_CLOTH:THREAD:CAVESPIDERSILK]

To the [CREATURE:CAT] entry in creature_domestic, then butchered a cat, but no silk cloth was created.

Any ideas?
1)That line was utter failure.  Don't worry though, I'll provide you with something better.
2)ITEMCORPSE items are items that..  take the place of the corpse.  Butcher/Slaughter leaves no corpse, therefore no ITEMCORPSE.
Resolution:
Just change one of your reactions for a metal that you don't have/don't want (Rose gold for example) and replace REAGENT/PRODUCT/FUEL lines with
[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NONE:SILK:SPIDER_CAVE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NONE:PLANT:GRASS_TAIL_PIG]
This will produce pig tail cloth and cave spider silk cloth.
The ultimate solution for those pesky cloth moods.
Even peskier moods still exist though.  Namely shell moods.  I'll fix that with another line you can simply add on to the above.
[PRODUCT:100:1:SHELL:NO_SUBTYPE:TURTLE:STANDARD]
Got no leather but want it?  Same deal.
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:LEATHER:CAT]
This stuff only applies for 40a or above.  Any lower and you're before the fixing of the reactions for animals/plants.  The old way was persnickety and practically useless.
Oh, and if you've got a legendary bonecrafter, here's a nice variety of bones for him to make some interesting decorations with, as each separate creature produces unique bones that can be stacked with other creature's bones.
[PRODUCT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:CAT:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:ELF:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:DWARF:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:HUMAN:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:GOBLIN:STANDARD]
NO NEW WORLDS NEEDED UNLESS ADDING OR REMOVING ENTRIES COMPLETELY.
To recap: Here's a special reaction you can add for the effect of all the aforementioned stuff.  It, being a new reaction completely, requires a new world.  Or you can reshape an old one.  As long as the very first line is the same as the old, and it contains a SMELTER line, it'll still load in an old world.
[REACTION:MAGICMATS]
[NAME:make craft materials]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:CAT:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:ELF:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:DWARF:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:HUMAN:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:GOBLIN:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:LEATHER:CAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SHELL:NO_SUBTYPE:TURTLE:STANDARD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NONE:SILK:SPIDER_CAVE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NONE:PLANT:GRASS_TAIL_PIG]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 04:19:49 pm by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

nordo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

JAYBUD, thanks for the cheats.  I'll use them on my new mooding dwarf, he wants shells, leather and wood.  I have all three of those items in the stockpile, but he's only gone to get 2 turtle shells so far, so I must need some special kinds of leather and wood.