Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash On Abandon  (Read 1404 times)

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash On Abandon
« on: August 25, 2008, 02:19:13 am »

So I had a pretty epic fortress that got a pretty epic goblin siege. Long story short, pretty much everyone died, and a woodcutter went about finishing what the goblins started. I decided I had to see for myself what kind of damage he did before dying, but it wouldn't let me view his kills as he had gone berserk. I backed up the save and abandoned, and then it crashed.

The Woodworker's name was Fikod Lammeng Vathezokang.

Also, what does Yor mean?

And could you please add in a way to view the kills of creatures that you can't view the profile of?

Link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=469

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
  • He-wenching for the cause.
    • View Profile
Re: Crash On Abandon
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 02:16:41 pm »

Did you back up the save while the game was running? Or did you save it, back it up at the title screen, then resume and abandon?

'Current' is not the only file that is being messed with while the game runs. It is constantly tweaking the region 1 folder as well as you play, which could easily be corrupted if you copied the folder while the system was writing or reading from a file.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:30:32 pm »

I know that. I believe I did it by going to the title screen, first. I might have actually quit the whole program first. I'm pretty careful about these things.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 05:55:20 pm »

Okay, it didn't like that the miner's pick was stuck in your herbalist's arm while the miner was still holding it right when you abandoned.  I should be able to put a fix together.  In the meantime, if you let it run a bit until the pick is free, you should be able to abandon.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:15:22 pm »

Yup it crashes when you abandon it. That was a pretty epic siege. I would suggest having a retractable bridge at the entrance so you could raise it and have the gobbies enjoy the scenery :)

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 01:04:55 am »

Okay, it didn't like that the miner's pick was stuck in your herbalist's arm while the miner was still holding it right when you abandoned.  I should be able to put a fix together.  In the meantime, if you let it run a bit until the pick is free, you should be able to abandon.

That is a pretty epic bug, I must say. Thanks for the reply!

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 07:18:43 am »

Only in Dwarf Fortress...