Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Children  (Read 760 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Goblin Children
« on: August 30, 2008, 01:52:56 am »

I was just about to drown a goblin in a cage via remote lever releasement, when she gave birth. I love how even the instant goblin materializer for sieges does stuff like pregnancies.

Edit: As an added bonus, I can now tame the goblin baby (I had added the [PET] tag to goblins) because it isn't classed as an invading force.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:54:29 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Re: Goblin Children
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 01:54:47 am »

Huh. Is the child hostile to you?

I rarely use Companion, but I might make an exception in a situation like that to change the child to non-hostile and switch it to my civ. After all, the gobbos have been abducting dwarves forever.. it would be pretty darned cool to have an abducted goblin in your fort, who would be raised to eventually kill hundreds of his own kind.  ;D

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 01:56:55 am »

No, it's ready to start in my forced intergration goblin kennel. Good goblins get food, and bad goblins go with their parents to clean out my irrigation system.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 03:11:53 am »

Just tamed him. Nothing that interesting except that I can slaughter him at will, and the labour screen shows "This adorable creature can't work". Adorable?!
I've played some mafia.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 08:33:39 am »

Just tamed him. Nothing that interesting except that I can slaughter him at will, and the labour screen shows "This adorable creature can't work". Adorable?!

Aww what a cute little goblin.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!