Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quick Question: Free Metal?  (Read 1947 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question: Free Metal?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 05:43:10 pm »

the thing about sieges is that they scale with wealth.
2m iron bars is 100m wealth, thats gonna be at least 10 macelords,  50 wrestlerlords, 20 hammerlords, 30 swordlords but most frighting of all is "20 goblinbowmasters"
you could be wiped out before your defenses are set because they start super agile

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 06:30:57 pm »

Sieges don't scale with wealth. They scale over time. Cheat for 200 masterwork HFS statues on your first year to find out.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 09:19:08 pm »

Sieges don't scale with wealth. They scale over time. Cheat for 200 masterwork HFS statues on your first year to find out.
Sieges indeed do scale with wealth, not ambushes.
Unless you remove BABYSNATCHER from the goblins, a siege on first year is impossible.
But I'm fairly certain the first one is set at x whereas there's some algorithm involving x and your wealth for all subsequent sieges.
The reason you'd be confused is, 99% of the time, wealth increases with time.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 11:23:42 pm »

See, I find that hard to believe. Unless you can show direct evidence that sieges scale with wealth in such a way that extreme wealth immediately begets extreme sieges in the line of 'at least 10 macelords,  50 wrestlerlords, 20 hammerlords, 30 swordlords but most frighting of all is "20 goblinbowmasters"', then I've had quite a lot of very strange fortresses with over 200 million in wealth that only encounter moderately sized sieges if ever sieged at all.

I mean, during my testing for my goblin mods, I did have to test for siege strength too you know. It's why I mentioned, from experience, that even with millions in wealth, sieges won't get overly powerful without time as well.

I'm not accusing you of being wrong though. This is research. If I'm wrong, so be it. If you're wrong, it doesn't really matter as well. Just that we get the facts right.

My observations usually indicate that wealth and time only act as triggers to sieges and ambushes. As in, if your wealth and time pass a certain point, then they will come. However, only time and repeated attacks determine size. Hence, it is not uncommon in cheating fortresses to have ambushes in the spring of the second year. But you won't get a 100 goblin siege anytime soon.

That is my observation.

p.s: Hehehe, I can't help this one. The reason you'd be confused is, 99% of the time, time increases with wealth.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 10:15:01 pm »

You've forgotten an important point... the stocks menu.
Let's say 10k takes one minute for my PC to tally (actually, mine is slower =/ ).
If I accidentally went to the *cheat material type* section when there were 200,000,000 *cheat material type* things, I'd have to wait for over a day to list them all.
Pages: 1 [2]