Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Level" field in item_food  (Read 1064 times)

Konis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Level" field in item_food
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:33:28 am »

Does anyone know what this does specifically?  I'd like to increase the number of ingredients necessary to make food, so would setting this to 12 for a roast mean it takes 12 raw ingredients?

Also, any guess on cluster size in the plants raw?  I'm aiming to make farming tougher, and if I can get the above thing working, I'd rather not have plump helmet roast in stacks of 500 from all the ingredients stacking up.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: "Level" field in item_food
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 01:11:19 pm »

I'm almost certain that [CLUSTERSIZE:] refers to the amount of plants produced by a single farm tile.

And I've also very sure that the level in the food raws refers to the number of ingredients needed.

The only reason I'm not stating these as a fact is because I haven't tested them yet, but I can't think of any other thing they'd do.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Konis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 01:42:59 pm »

Yeah, my only other guess for Level was that it would modify both the value of the finished item and the # of necesary ingredients, since the entries seem quite sparse for the complexity of the things involved.

And would be guess that clustersize is a maximum, and is modified by skill in planting?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 03:09:28 pm »

Level is 2-4, according to the number of ingredients required for the food's creation. Less than 2 or more than 4 is unlikely to yield a result.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:49:22 pm »

I tried high clustersizes and low clustersizes and found no change in farming.

Even with a cluster size of 20 all my growers still only made stacks ranging from 1 to 5, even the legendary ones. The same resulted with a cluster size of 1.

This isn't with the newest version, but I don't believe it's changed since then.

- I just went and tested it to see, and these results are still true. 3 plants modified to be clustersize 1, 10, and 50. Each farmer was given a plot to grow on with 30 of one type of seeds. After growing 30 plants of each, the results are approximately the same. 68 of the one set to 50, 74 of the one set 10, 66 of the one set 1. This is with a newly generated world with nothing but the clustersizes and the growdur (to make the experiment quicker) being changed. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:10:35 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 12:23:25 pm »

Level is 2-4, according to the number of ingredients required for the food's creation. Less than 2 or more than 4 is unlikely to yield a result.
I thought it also set which of the meal jobs in the kitchen made it.
Easy, lavish, etc.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 12:26:56 pm »

It does.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 01:31:43 pm »

I just confirmed that creating a food type with a level higher than 4 does NOT work.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.