Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gear of War - A Fallout Mod Community Vault  (Read 3236 times)

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
Re: Gear of War - A Fallout Mod Community Vault
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 12:51:25 am »

1 female left.

Hurry!

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 01:50:56 am »

*sigh*

Deadline.

Alright, The last female is replaced by... well... Anybody who volunteers.

but for now, it's the vault's chef.

I'll start the Vault and journal, etc., tommorow.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 03:22:13 am »

O.K. Ill take the last female chef...

Name: Apple
Character to be chosen: urrr the last one...
Job: Chef...
Title: Chef de Cuisine
Skills: You've already done that
Any info:...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 03:26:22 am »

Ya know, you CAN wait until we get Immigrants. You don't have to be the last one if you don't want to.

*Zones out for a bit* Wait...what were we talking about? Need sleep.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 04:06:30 am »

Hey can I have a male
Name:Flint
Job:Marksman
Title: Vengful Merchant of Death
Personality:To be short Flint is quite insane

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 05:43:51 am »

I say, good sir, I should quite like to possess a character.

Name: Kurt
Character to be chosen: An immigrant, I expect.
Job: Anything works, to be honest. I'd prefer something that has to do with either combat or metalworking, but anything works.
Title: Whatever works.
Skills: Whatever fits the assigned job.
Any info: Descendant of German immigrants who took refuge in the vault when the bombs fell. Or something like that.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 01:10:29 pm »

PROLOGUE
December 5th,  2100

"Hey, Bring me up a beer, mate."

It was that day, in Vault 53, where our equipment ALWAYS started to break for some reason. I, Calvin, was a lockhearted young man. It all started in this damned vault when we were mind controlled or something to get inside. Luckily, though, it kept us alive at least during the great war. Who knew though, that this moment, would be the exact point in this vault, would be the biggest change of my life. How of all, it could've happened to me. I have no idea, as appa-

"Heres your beer, sir."

Ah yes, back to reality. "Thank you, Maddam!." Calvin exclaims as he chugs down the beer.

It was one sunny afternoon (As our digi-clock tells us, since we're buried 5 miles underneath the surface) when apparently the vault door opened. It was unknown, nobody knew if it was just a malfunction like everything else happens here. Apparently so... Wait, whats that? Clicking was heard inside the walls.

The lights start flickering, and then the protectron randomly combusts.

I sighed, as I just realized this was a cry wolf, because the protectron apparently overheated, AGAIN.

December 12th, 2100

Funny, how I imagine all these things in my thoughts. I was called upon by the Overseer, for no reason. Along with 6 other people, which look recongizable... I think it was in that bar, anyways, The overseer said that we were exposed to the "true light" or something. He says we are banished. Apparently though, it wasn't really like a banishable moment. We were actually sent out because there were 7 babies born, and we were the only ones that couldn't afford to stay.

Anyways, We rode on the vault car. Riding towards the vault door. The overseer said we can keep the car, since it would break anyways. Which reminds me, the vault car just broke.

"Aw GODDAMNIT!" a man with a police cap and uniform on. Apparently that meant we're supposed to push the car.

We've made it to the surface, and we're allowed to take two brahmins with us to pu- Wait, its one brahmin To pull the cart. I sighed, as we got to know eachother.

December 6th, 2100
It's really weird, how we never talked to eachother until now. Apparently insanity got into us, I think. Something, or we're just running out of supplies. I met the security guard... Well, was a security guard. He bellows alot, no wonder he was a security guard.

"How much food do we got, chubby lady?" the security guard bellowed.

"First of all, I'm not fat. And second of all, I have a name." a woman with a nice star on her shirt. "For your information, I'm Vasili, and if it was back in the war, you'd have your head cut off!"

"Eh, Who cares. It's the end for us, in the scorching desert." the security guard said in dis-relief.

And then a arguement over who gets the last piece of our luxury food, Salmon!

(Continuing on next post)

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 02:02:54 pm »

December 29st, 2100

...We can't make it any longer...

...Our supplies are running low...

...And my will to live is running lo-
*SLAP*

"Ow, why'd you do that for?" I said in a distinct manner.

"Because, we're not going to die, look, We reached a shady little dune!" Apple said, the chef of our group.

Our supplies currently consists of well... Mushrooms for roids', some meat, and stuff like guns... Why'd we even bring that along again? We immediately settled on some flat grounds, and a shady spot in the dunes... Wait, that's not a dune. Thats a mountain...

Anways. Our brahmin is exhausted, and we decided to settle here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

January 1st, 2101
Woohoo, its the new year! We celebrated by... Doing work. We started digging mountainside, since we needed a place to store our stuff. Lyudmila insisted that we bring home some hunt. Guess what, she did. She somehow headshotted a centaur. Guess we have dinner. But we were too early on to start hunting, so yeah.

January 8th, 2101
We've struck microline! So quickly as well. We settled with a nice storage for food and some resources as well. Our miner, Strife, was quiet, until he brang us a black rock from his "prospecting". It was shiny and hard, and then quickly, we knew what it was. Obsidian! This mountain was composed of obsidian and sand! Amazing! I think we'll have a good time making our camp here.

February 2nd, 2101
We've established a little fort so far, with a underground shroom farming corporation.And then I get this sudden urge and want lately for lust... I don't know, I've just been ignoring it. Strife continues to mine for obsidian, as Vasili goes to scavenge some materials and scrap. With those materials, we might be able to get somewhere.

February 8th, 2101
They've made me a office! I think it was because I was doing nothing most of the time. Those silly pigs. Anyways, I was put to work, recording our resources, since everybody was too lazy working to check inside the barrels. I officially proclaim myself, The leader!

It seems like Strife has been keeping a secret. He never talks or anything, and always goes off away towards the desert for some reason.

"Hey, Calvin, writing in your little diary again?" Carmine says, interrupting my 'thought period'

"No, for your information, it's a journal." I respond.

Anyways, Lyudmila says she spotted some mantis ahead. I hope they don't find us. In the meantime, everybody else is doing stuff productive... I think.

(Feel free to write subjournals)

Camp and Farming Operations
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 02:28:02 pm »

WorkerDrone cancels fireing Lancer: Interupted by Locust.
Locust Grub has been Struck Down!
WorkerDrone cancels reload: Interupted by Locust.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 02:34:08 pm »

You tried to kill a radscorpion (It was getting too close to my base) Apparently you missed... like three times, and the radscorpion escaped.

Sad.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 02:35:20 pm »

What? No chuckle or even slightly unamused face at my Gears of War joke?

Ah. Don't want to fuel my antics I see.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 02:37:08 pm »

Meh.

Fine.

*snicker*

There, go grab a snicker.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 02:51:29 pm »

Also, you tried to kill a deathclaw. You got a few hits with your sniper rifle, and then for some reason, you went head on and tried to melee him.

Sadly, you got pwnt.

No, you're not dead...

Your left hand is pwnt.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 03:10:54 pm »

I can still shoot! I'm tellin' ya! I can shoot! Let me 'ave me rifle back!

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2008, 03:28:07 pm »

Too bad, because of your left hand got pierced by a deathclaw horn, you'll be about out.. for.. maybe a season or two.
Pages: 1 [2]