Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Voice of the people  (Read 2334 times)

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Voice of the people
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 03:33:52 pm »

I think you got this wrong. Most of us who really wants something modded do it ourselves.
My tip is; dont try to serve the public. Mod for fun, change that you want changed, not what I want changed.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 12:48:46 am »

Of course doesn't actually work on the *chans. Well, it may eventually work as Moot intended it on 4chan when it'll actually tell him something.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 05:22:55 am »

If you haven't thrown it out yet, I'd be interested in seeing all the gun code.  I'd be interested in seeing how you made ammo creation and such work, particularly.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 05:43:05 am »

I think you got this wrong. Most of us who really wants something modded do it ourselves.
My tip is; dont try to serve the public. Mod for fun, change that you want changed, not what I want changed.

Agreed. Im working on a zombie thing right now... purely because I love zombies.

But I would download the guns for the raws in case I ever wanted to see how you got it to work. Dunno if I would play it, I enjoy axes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 01:20:15 pm »

Hello.  I'm borrowing my dad's computer so that I might clear up a few things here.

Allow me to explain.  First, I did not create this thread to serve the public.  I created this thread to serve me.  I HAVE all these mod ideas, and they are all trying to squeeze into the same time slot.  I can't work on three mods at the same time.  I also can't give higher status to one mod over the other two.

So, I create a thread with those three mods, and ask someone else to assign a higher priority to one of them so that I can actually work on the damn thing.

Next, allow me to explain the gun mod.  There is no fantastic gunpowder-and-bullets code involved here, and there is absolutely no support for fortress mode.  It is an adventure mode mod exclusively. 

Guns are just renamed bows and crossbows with altered damage values, new ammunition, and some size changes.  That's it.  Where do bullets come from?  Merchants, of course.  Where do guns come from?  Merchants.

Trying to get guns to work in fortress mode is a nightmare of smelter modifications and out-of-place side effects.  It's just not worth it.  In adventure mode, however, you don't care where your weapon came from, so long as you can use it to kill something.

And if you want to see all the gun code, download the mod.  That's the entirety of my work so far.  It's also going to be the entirety of my work for a while yet, as the BotS mod got the most votes.

I was also working on a zombie mod for a while.  But zombie mods are kinda geared towards fort mode, and I was having trouble keeping things out of the modern post-ap theme that zombies generally fall into.  Why?  Because I didn't want to deal with fort-mode guns.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 10:35:23 am »

give gun code kkthxz

Wang Commander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 12:33:34 am »

I wanna see them walkin dicks.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 12:48:08 pm »

Guns.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 01:00:37 pm »

I wanna see them walkin dicks.

Name + Quote = Win

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 02:18:47 pm »

I personally would like to see 'The Land of Savages', along with some progression in the 'Shooter' mod.
Pages: 1 [2]