Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Religious Tags  (Read 1411 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Religious Tags
« on: August 23, 2008, 10:05:04 pm »

Could someone please explain the difference between the tags: [REGIONAL_FORCE] , [ANY_AVAILABLE_POWER] , and [PANTHEON].
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Tags
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 10:28:51 pm »

Could someone please explain the difference between the tags: [REGIONAL_FORCE] , [ANY_AVAILABLE_POWER] , and [PANTHEON].

[ANY_AVAILABLE_POWER] means that the civilization will worship any appropriate MEGABEASTS (such as demons for goblins).

I don't know too much about [REGIONAL_FORCE] and [PANTHEON] but if I had to take a stab at it I'd guess [REGIONAL_FORCE] has something to do with the elves worshiping nature and [PANTHEON] is the tag for a patriarchal monarch system (with kings and queens, etc).
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 10:32:23 pm »

Nope. REGIONAL_FORCE makes them worship a single force associated with their spheres. PANTHEON makes them worship a group of gods, each aligned with their spheres and other appropriate ones as well.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 09:41:55 am »

Ive updated the wiki with these informations.
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Entity_tokens#Religion

:)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 12:58:17 pm »

I think I remember someone reporting that entities with [REGIONAL_FORCE] always worship nature and river forces regardless of sphere... I could be wrong, though. Someone should test this.

Also, megabeasts have nothing to do with the [ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER] religion. Anyone can worship megabeasts (although the megabeast's spheres may play a role in this). Entities with the [ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER] religion will worship creatures with the [POWER] token. At the moment, the only POWER creature is the demon.

Don't be so quick to change the wiki unless you're absolutely sure what you're talking about. I fixed the thing about power religions.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:10:08 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 04:30:26 pm »

I think I remember someone reporting that entities with [REGIONAL_FORCE] always worship nature and river forces regardless of sphere... I could be wrong, though. Someone should test this.

Also, megabeasts have nothing to do with the [ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER] religion. Anyone can worship megabeasts (although the megabeast's spheres may play a role in this). Entities with the [ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER] religion will worship creatures with the [POWER] token. At the moment, the only POWER creature is the demon.

Don't be so quick to change the wiki unless you're absolutely sure what you're talking about. I fixed the thing about power religions.

Oh...I thought that the informations above were 100% correct, my bad.. :-X
Thanks for fixing it in the wiki.