Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Putting containers into themselves  (Read 584 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Putting containers into themselves
« on: August 21, 2008, 10:45:12 pm »

I am unable to provide a save for this bug.

I had a successful fortress and decided to send an adventurer through it, making sure to pick up the artifact backpack as I passed through. I'm not sure if the artifact quality has anything to do with it or not. After picking up the backpack, I wear it. As this is Play Now, I have no equipment. Wanting to search for my adamantine crossbow and bolts, I pick up two quivers. These each go into my hands. While looking at the old finished goods stockpile I was currently on, I saw the name of the backpack again. Without thinking, I pick it up. As I'm already wearing it and my hands are full, it goes into itself. The game then stops responding and promptly uses 100% of my CPU while I wait for Task Manager to appear so I can end task.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know I've heard this before, but it's not in the existing bugs page and a search yielded nothing. I guess there are two bugs: you can put an item into itself and a worn backpack appeared on the ground.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Putting containers into themselves
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 11:26:44 pm »

Bug 181 is similar to this, but it's closed.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:30:35 pm »

There seem to be a few loopy things with artifacts in adventure mode (they duplicate when you pick them up sometimes, etc.), and this might be related to that rather than the 181 issue.  I'm pretty sure I tested 181 out, but if it's back, it could be that too.  Are you on a newish version?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 10:52:20 pm »

Sorry. I should have included that in the original post. This was on either 40c or 39f.