Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon Traps  (Read 1394 times)

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
Weapon Traps
« on: August 18, 2008, 01:07:03 am »

Hey, sorry for the quick post but I am really trying to get back to the game. Does anyone know if dwarves trigger weapon traps? I don't think they do, but I am not sure. Thanks.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Traps
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 01:18:27 am »

no normaly not, however there was/is a bug wich triggers them if they sleep on them ... so don't put them in the barrack if possible
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 02:29:01 am »

Unconscious or sleeping allied creatures will trigger all manner of traps, yes.  I had it happen when one of my dorfs started dragging an injured wardog back to Animal Care it (Yes, I know Animal Care does nothing.).  Got as far as my super-ultra-deadly 10-crossbow traps before the dog passed out and fell on the trigger. :<
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 03:58:10 am »

is it a bug?... i thought it was kinda logic...
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 04:46:18 am »

is it a bug?... i thought it was kinda logic...
i dont know but if i can walk next to the activator i can sleep also withouth activating it, and if i move to much in night i can just not go to sleep on them ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 05:18:47 am »

I'd say it's more of a feature than a bug. It makes sense that if you fall unconscious, you could fall on the tile that causes the trap to spring. I only use cage traps, so it isn't too much of a problem for me.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 05:26:14 am »

ok for unconscious but even then you try not to fall on the activitator but if you just go to sleep on that tile you wont, or even if you have no choice you try to put yourself not in the activer...
Mohreb el Yasim

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 05:30:44 am »

ok for unconscious but even then you try not to fall on the activitator but if you just go to sleep on that tile you wont, or even if you have no choice you try to put yourself not in the activer...
thats a matter of, your intelligence VS dwarven intelligence.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 05:34:36 am »

glad to be better then a dwarf :D that must be the constant alcohol consuming from the pregnancie throuw the childhood to the end of their days. so with humans(if you make them controlable) will it work, they don't sleep on traps?
Mohreb el Yasim

Sweet pods

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 06:24:33 am »

A Dwarf's snore will trigger anything.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 08:34:10 am »

Letting dwarfs sleep on cage traps is a great (only) way of, um, cagetrapping them.
Lots of more fun then creating deathchambers. (a dwarven zoo, muhahahahahahaaaa)
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Pii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 01:31:43 pm »

I had a kitten in one fortress that somehow managed to tear a fire imp to pieces, but got wounded in the process and while crawling back to the fortress fainted in one of the entrance weapon traps :<