Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help On Exicutions  (Read 1098 times)

K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
Help On Exicutions
« on: August 14, 2008, 03:25:27 am »

So I Have A 5 Z-Level Drop For Killing. How Can I Get It So They Go Stand On It And Then A Lever's Pulled And They Fall Down?
Damn... i accidently mined into the flowing river. well thank god i have this flood gate!.." (A Hour Later) "YAY! i can build on my stock pile more.. i filled it with stones AGAIN!" >_< *Mines into the river again* "AHHH!!! RUN EVERY ONE!!" *Fortress Floods And Dwarven Bodies Float To The Surface*

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help On Exicutions
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 04:15:03 am »

If your talking about your dwarves: draft them and then station them there.
Magma is overrated.

EvilCheerio

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats Candlejack doing h
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 04:15:34 am »

ahhh, ninja'd, i thought i'd actually get to answer a question
Delicious wine biscuits
 A real dwarf can survive on meals consisting of Wine, beer, and more wine.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 04:20:17 am »

Firstly don't use capital letters to start every word.

Ok, nitpicking aside, 5 z-levels isn't nearly high enough. Your victims would survive the fall about 5 times in 10 (not thoroughly tested). You'll need a higher drop, about 10 z-levels should do, though they might blow up into tons of pieces you'll have to clean up. (my last drop was 10 dwarves from about 12 z-levels up, they left a nice red splat on the ground below.  Dern, i shoulda made a video...)

After you get the drawbridge at a usable height, recruit your intended victims and station them (press 'x' to see the squads and press 's' when the cursor is over the spot you want them to stand) You can pile all your victims on one spot to maximize effectiveness.

If it's a noble you want killed, this method won't work. You'll have to do something else, probably involving locking them in their room.

Edit: Dangummit i started to reply first!  :P
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 07:34:12 am »

How do you built noble death chambers again, the ones where they basically kill themselves?
I've read it somewhere before, but i forgot how to do it (and i'm too lazy to search for it).
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 08:02:51 am »

How do you built noble death chambers again, the ones where they basically kill themselves?
I've read it somewhere before, but i forgot how to do it (and i'm too lazy to search for it).

I've heard they love to pull levers, so you can give them a room floored with spikes attached to a lever in their room, for them to pull.  Or, attach said lever to a floodgate so they get flooded...or a floor made of a bridge that squashes/drops them...etc.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 03:28:12 pm »

Or dig a deep pit somewhere, and build a support in the middle of the layer just below the surface.  Then install a grate providing access to the space directly above the support and build a floor their.  Add a lever on top of the floor, connect it to the support, and assign the noble in the lever's profile.

Have him pull the lever, and fall to his messy doom.

A nice, simple execution device, fairly easy to build, highly reusable, with minimal chance of collateral damage.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 03:37:54 pm »

Code: [Select]
[tt]
.@I
[/tt]

. = really long drop.
@ = noble, currently standing on lever.
I = support linked to lever, with constructed wall on top.

Noble pulls lever, support breaks, wall falls, noble gets shoved into drop.

If constructed walls don't create "cave dust" when they fall, you could try an inverse method.
Code: [Select]
[tt]
Z 1
.@#
+## 

Z 0
I++
[/tt]

# = bridge (gives no support)
@ = Noble with lever on constructed floor.  Must be adjacent to falling square diagonally, otherwise the tile will be held up.
+ = constructed tile.

The lever is pulled, the tile drops, the noble gets sucked into the space it used to occupy.

This is just an easy to reload version of a standard lever-on-support drop.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 09:24:03 am »

Ah thanks, thats exactly what i was looking for.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 09:53:51 am »

I just hook a lever up to a floodgate holding back the liquid of my choice. Dorf goes into room,  pulls lever, I lock door, floodgate opens and dorf drowns/burns. An external lever drains the room and closes the floodgate. Simple, fun and effective.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Bryan Derksen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:02:55 pm »

I've only done one noble execution and I flubbed it, but the basic mechanics of what I did appeared sound. The structure is quite simple; a two-square-long hallway sealed by a door. In the square right inside the door is a set of vertical spikes, and at the end of the hallway is a lever to operate the spikes.

First assign the lever to be pulled only by the noble you want to kill. He'll go to the lever and pull it, and immediately start walking back out the way he came to go do whatever else it is that nobles do. There's a delay before the spikes come up after the lever's pulled, so normally he'd just walk right over the spikes and be gone by then. You'll have to be quicker on the draw and lock the door first. Make sure to lock the door after he's already started moving or he'll just stay on the lever's square. If you time it right he'll hit the door, find it's locked, and stand there in puzzlement until the spikes come up and kill him. My mistake was not using enough spikes, I just wounded the guy and he went off to rest.

I suppose you could replace the spikes with a vertical drop, same principle applies.