Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Made a barony and then a county a month later  (Read 2782 times)

Quiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Made a barony and then a county a month later
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 07:09:13 pm »

Well the Baron/Baroness/etc meet with Ambassadors, which I guess frees your mayor from having to do it.  (Letting him get back to listening to dwarves complaining about the lack of good paying jobs)

Never said it was a big help.

They usually seem to become baby factories as well, since, you know, not much else to do...

TheDeadlyShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Blog not found
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 08:57:00 pm »

Nobles definitely need a lot more depth, but I prefer to work with them rather than against them.
Lord have mercy and let me not throw up in this space helmet.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 05:40:04 am »

I got made a barony when the baron arrived, and then five more dwarves arrived behind him, his consort, the tax collector and the hammerer. This bumped my population over 100, which immediately made me a county. Steelshield and the surrounding lands have been made a barony. Steelshield and the surrounding lands have been made a county. Just like that. :D
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

The Dark Bunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 10:20:38 am »

Last night I had a fort go directly to County without ever having gotten a Baron.  I'd already overengineered my nobles' rooms, so the existing ones are fine, but it's going to be a pain bringing four *more* rooms up to that level.

Weev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 01:31:09 pm »

My fort did this too.  and I was JUST marking out their rooms too.  As for nobles?  I give them what they want, and make sure they know that their rooms are my first line of defense against sieges. Gives the Fortress guards something to do too.
Oddly enough I find it weird that Dwarves currently cannot attain godhood.

BEATME

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 02:44:04 pm »

I'm fairly certain the nobles are designed to demand things that are hard to make, simply for the novelty. I was using a modded game to make a pure adamantine fortress (for the hell of it), when the nobles show what's the first thing they demand? Three COPPER items! Surrounded by the most legendary metal in the universe and they want something that'll oxidize within the year... Royalty is so screwy.
Pages: 1 [2]