Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves cant find food in barrels??  (Read 624 times)

Pun1sher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarves cant find food in barrels??
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:09:02 pm »

I'm having a problem here, where my guys are all starving, hunting for vermin, etc. even though i have a massive stockpile full of food barrels. I have tried to remedy it as a pathing issue by unlocking all doors and moving the stockpile to a few different locations, but they still won't touch it! In fact, the farmers are still taking seeds from one barrel!

Anyone found a solution to this? My fort is dying  :-\

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves cant find food in barrels??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:45:22 pm »

Make sure there is actually food in the barrels.
Make sure the barrels of food aren't tasked for moving around (forbid and unforbid while they are on a valid stockpile)
Make sure dwarves can get to the food barrels.

Thats all I can think of that would stop dwarves from being able to eat.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 11:51:21 pm »

Make sure the food and stockpiles aren't outside, if you have 'dwarves cannot go outside' turned on (
  • menu).  Make sure 'Dwarves gather food' is on (not sure if that affects this).

Really make sure they can path to the barrels.  If you set up a food stockpile somewhere you /know/ the dwarves can reach (i.e, where they're catching vermin) and set it to take from the current one, do they start moving barrels there?  You may have a locked door, or edge of a workshop in the way.

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:28:45 am »

Also make sure that if it is fish, that its processed. I had that problem... all of my dwarves were miserable and many going insane and I couldnt figure out why.