Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Leather Bracelet  (Read 4447 times)

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Leather Bracelet
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 03:18:48 pm »

I thought you could only grow sunberries in Good areas? I've never actually played in an area that was Good, so the elves were always superfluous. That said, a booze fort dedicated to producing and selling both sunshine and moonshine in a Good area would be an interesting thing to try.

iskurthi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 03:51:44 pm »

I thought you could only grow sunberries in Good areas? I've never actually played in an area that was Good, so the elves were always superfluous.

I've grown sunberries in non-good areas... but I can't recall ever growing sunberries in areas with no good on the map. (ie, part of map is savage forest, part of the map is good mountain, sunberries can be grown on the savage part.) I suppose that's because it's the proximity to a local good area that allows elves to bring sunberries at all.

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 11:13:14 am »

You can grow anything in a green house.  Just has to be inside and light-aboveground.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 11:40:28 am »

I've always requested the elves bring max logs.  It keeps them happy with me, since I don't need to cut my own trees, and it keeps my treecutters out of harms way.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 12:22:51 pm »

You can grow anything in a green house.  Just has to be inside and light-aboveground.

Er, no, not in my game, anyway. If it's in a mountain biome, that won't work. (At least, that's the only explanation I can come up with, though I can't actually tell that I crossed the biome line when I moved my 'aboveground' farm to a more protected location.)

I've got a big, muddy room, with a pretty glass ceiling, that's totally useless for anything.

Bill
Pages: 1 [2]