Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39f]Dwarves and their pets getting stuck on newly constructed walls  (Read 659 times)

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, this is very odd. I just had a child die of thirst, because he was stuck on top of a wall that has never had access to the top of it. It was the mason's child, so I'm assuming that the wall somehow got built under him or something. And now the mason has managed to build herself onto the top of a wall also. Definitely something screwy going on here.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: [39f]Dwarves and their pets getting stuck on newly constructed walls
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 03:42:16 pm »

it's always a good idea to build some scaffolding and stairways for your dwarves to get down when building high structures outside, but, yeah, that sucks

it's gotten MUCH better in the newer version

i was absolutely completely blown away by how intelligently my dwarves build multi-tile floor structures, large groups of walls, and even channeled out large areas without getting themselves stuck/or/killed

massive improvement on that front but there are always going to be a few dwarves that get it wrong =/
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 03:45:33 pm »

This is actually just a one z-level wall. Somehow the dwarves are teleporting to the top of it as they construct it.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 06:53:23 pm »

I can't even think of how to set this one up, since something would have to change the z coord if the critter wasn't flying up there to begin with.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!