Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39f] Urist McDonglebongle cancels something pointless: Forbidden area  (Read 658 times)

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile

So Urist McDonglebongle and his friends either enjoy beating themselves in the face with my alunite blocks, or this is somehow a bug.

What I see happening is they go to do something and then sometimes cancel the job, citing a "forbidden area" as the problem. The only problem is that I don't HAVE any areas blocked off. I'm not even sure HOW to forbid an area. If I could just say "don't walk here", that'd be nice cuz they'd stop trapping themselves in my magma channels behind my *Bauxite Wall Grate*... >.> Their screams grow annoying.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 02:31:15 pm by Zombie »
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39f] Urist McDonglebongle cancels something pointless: Forbidden area
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 08:50:26 pm »

Are dwarves allowed to go outside?

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:11:56 pm »

They were. However it shouldn't have mattered. The location one was trying to go to was indoors. Firmly. :P
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 11:10:47 pm »

They might have found a shortest path that went through the outside somewhere in the middle.  Dwarves aren't smart enough to not path through forbidden areas.  Instead, they walk along, suddenly realize they're standing in a forbidden tile, walk back a space or two, pick the same job, path through the forbidden area...
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 09:13:09 am »

They might have found a shortest path that went through the outside somewhere in the middle.  Dwarves aren't smart enough to not path through forbidden areas.  Instead, they walk along, suddenly realize they're standing in a forbidden tile, walk back a space or two, pick the same job, path through the forbidden area...

Dwarves, we have Alzheimer from Year 2.  Or was it Year 1, I forgot.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.