Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Megabeasts should breed (or respawn in some lore-friendly way)  (Read 2552 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Megabeasts should breed (or respawn in some lore-friendly way)
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 05:29:46 pm »

Perhaps over time but when they don't make it to year 200 or when two fortresses manage to destroy most of the world's power... Something is wrong.
nah, Its not wrong- just not very exciting.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 07:05:40 pm »

Yeah just because something is rare it doesn't mean it is epic.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 07:24:26 pm »

Ya, many of the 'megabeasts' seem to really be lacking in power at this point in time.
In one fort, I had a dragon appear. I thought to myself, "Hey! I wanna catch it and tame it!" Unfortunately, to get to my cage traps it had to walk through 2 weapon traps. By the second trap, it was dead, and I was greatly disappointed. Seriously? Two traps to kill a dragon?  >:(

If they don't breed, they at least need to get MUCH more powerful so they aren't all dead by year 200.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 06:00:45 pm »

This thread, pointless as it may be, will solve your problems.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 06:05:12 pm »

Well lets wait on the next version. Megabests will then hopefully much better as far as i can see. The new materials should make them more hard to kill and the different healingrates should help the more squishi ones.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 06:24:20 pm »

Well lets wait on the next version. Megabests will then hopefully much better as far as i can see. The new materials should make them more hard to kill and the different healingrates should help the more squishi ones.

Unfortunately they won't do better in world generation until the Combat Arc

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 06:34:39 pm »

Damn - right i did forget about that.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 08:18:48 pm »

Which is why my megabeasts are size sixty or higher (forget what dragons are at right now for me). On a side note, what would happen if one of those gods who thinks suicide has a good idea has a megabeast kid? Will it come to your fortress to deliberately impale itself on spikes or something? Maybe they should reflect what the god that they're the kid of reflects, or even becomes gods themselves ala Hercules. Would be interesting if your fort suddenly became ground zero for a grudge match between two gods.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]