Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Option to find magma / water  (Read 600 times)

Vidalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Option to find magma / water
« on: July 29, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »

I've noticed the new options in DF to search for magma pipes/pools and water sources. Most of the time I'm searching for a place which has at least a running water source and some magma, whether it is a under or above ground river or a magma pipe or pool. Would it be possible to add the search options for "water" and "magma"? So the option water would match an underground river, a normal river, maybe even a pool. (Is that one endless? I don't think so, but can be wrong) and the option magma would match a magma pipe and a magma pool.

Another nice option would be to only select embarkable (Is that English ;) ) spots.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Option to find magma / water
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:23:27 pm »

I'd just be happy to be able set priority for the features. For example, I have large smelting operations, so I need magma, but while I'd like flux, I can survive without it. Hence I'd like to be able to set magma to required, and flux to preferred but not necessary. Right now, they all have the same bloody weighting.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Option to find magma / water
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 06:38:32 am »

I think most people don't care whether it's a magma pipe or a pool, so it would indeed be nice if you could do a general search for magma.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!