Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16] Floating Water Tiles  (Read 712 times)

Dr. D Stomper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[40d16] Floating Water Tiles
« on: January 14, 2010, 06:42:02 am »

I encountered this problem in a cold Biome. I was trying to "melt" water by channeling out the section of frozen Murky Pool. However I built a floor on top of it to prevent it from freezing after it hit the bottom of my dug out area. Later I removed the floor and channeled around the large block of ice only to find that it was not only not falling and crashing and doing what physics says it should do. But I found out that it was emitting an anti-gravity wave which prevented it from falling. Later when it was summer the blocks of Ice that I did not build floors on/touch/mine/etc melted however the Ice tiles that had the floor on it did not melt. I later channeled them to find out they did emit water once done, but to my dismay I found that there were now not one layer of water but two. the bottom layer composed of 2-3 depth water and the top layer was 1 depth and was able to make the stone from the floors land on it as when (when deconstructed)

TLDR: Try to melt ice with a cave-in
Ice did not cave-in
Ice did not melt
Ice floats
?? ??
Profit
I also have a video of how its set up but I'm not sure where i should upload it.

-DDS

I think i have found the cause. It happens to be sitting on top UNKNOWN tiles. I did manage to create a small cave-in and a bunch of the UNKNOWN tiles removed the 3-4 depth water (its raining now)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:56:47 am by Dr. D Stomper »

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16] Floating Water Tiles
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 03:37:49 pm »

http://mkv25.net/dfma/index.php

Here's an awesome resource for uploading movies and fortress maps.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16] Floating Water Tiles
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 04:07:13 pm »

It's one or both of these bugs:

# 000579 □ [cave-ins] (Report) there are problems with dropping a chunk of glacier down into a rock level
# 000880 □ [dwarf mode][environment]   (Report) after ice melted in a channel, the square became "muddy unknown"