Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Linux versions?  (Read 2256 times)

odd2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Linux versions?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 09:52:08 am »

I figured out that any call to set_color where both foreground and background are the same is discarded. So I tried setting everything manually with setattr and using a color pair, still no luck. I suppose my terminal might just be misconfigured? Is anyone getting dark grays with the current fixed code on linux?

Ari Rahikkala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 10:29:44 am »

Yeah, my greyed out options are nicely dark. Very dark, in fact, but not invisible. urxvt wins the day again!

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 08:12:19 am »

I can compile now, which is awesome, but I now get a blinking terminal cursor on my screen.  In site mode it appears after the word "SQUAD" on the map.  In base mode it's after the LCS slogan.  I don't know what (environment) variable to tweak to kill the cursor.  I'm compiling on Cygwin.

In other news, I discovered an amusing site mode bug.  If you're in your base, any key will pass a turn in addition to its normal function (assuming it doesn't already pass a turn, like movement or pressing 's').  The problem is here:

Code: [Select]
         if(locx!=olocx||locy!=olocy||locz!=olocz||c=='s'||
            (cbase==cursite&&!location[cursite]->siege.siege))

It'd be simple to add a small check for whether there was a siege to begin with.
Pages: 1 [2]