Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishy Minions  (Read 559 times)

Relee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fishy Minions
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:54:50 am »

I was thinking about something lately. Is it possible to tame wild animal fish?

I was thinking you could catch them by putting cage traps in a cistern, then flooding the cistern from a river. The fish would swim in, and be caught in the traps. Then, you could tame the fish, and put them into your water-filled moat. Would the fish attack and slaughter any goblins that came near/fell in, while guarding the dwarves?

Also, if you put these tame fish back in the river, will they fight off the wild fish, while giving birth to tame fish, eventually making the river into an impenetrable goblin-vaporizing trap?
- Relee the Squirrel --

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Re: Fishy Minions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 05:13:34 am »

Heard it done with Carp, flood an area with 4/7 water and you're good. Oh, and add the tag that lets you tame them.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Relee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 10:48:40 pm »

Well, I'm talkin' about unmodded. ^.^;;

Is there a list somewhere of specific tameable animals? I'd hate to have to go through all the system files. ^.^;;
- Relee the Squirrel --

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 11:02:30 pm »

Well, I'm talkin' about unmodded. ^.^;;

Is there a list somewhere of specific tameable animals? I'd hate to have to go through all the system files. ^.^;;
Well you can go through this and every animal should has its related system piece with it
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Animal
course you could go through it then create a wiki page of the trainable animals.