Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Great game, new to... tutorials seem a bit confusing in the the wiki...  (Read 2184 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok to flood do this.

make a square about 5 tiles away from a brook or river. then make 2 halls on opposite sides with one moving towards the river/brook so it looks like marshmellow on a skewer (lol). make the hall end just before it hits the river (water can travel diagnolly). then dig out another square at the end of the other hallway (make the space between the 2 squares only 1 tile) . so it loks like *square, 1tile line, square, line* and make sure the square farther way from he river/brook is 5-6 times bigger (based on water per tile) so you floor the entire second square. now place 2 floodgates. one on that single tile in between and one covering the entrance between the river/brook and the first square. hook up the flood gates to seperate levers outside the 2 squares in some other room and then your done. just open the floodgates, dig out that last tile away from the brook/river, and close the floodgates before the water floods the place (use the pull the lever command when the miner is almost to the tile). then you fill the first tile with water, close the flood gate connecting it to the river, then open the one to let the water into the second room. let the water partially evaporate (you can still build a farm on 1/7 water tiles) and then build your farm. i think reflooding is like fertalizing. i definatly see more crops being grown. i suggest building the farther away square to 10X10. as thats the max size of one farm.

hope this helps
Pages: 1 2 [3]