Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possessed dwarf  (Read 1184 times)

Nomadic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possessed dwarf
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:14:14 pm »

Ok one of my farmers got possessed and claimed a craftdwarfs shop. He has been muttering the following:

a shell...
gems... shining...
tree... life...
leather... skin...

So looking things up to make sure I was right I need:

a shell
cut gems
wood
leather

Anyhow the shell was the annoying part to get (my map has nothing but carp and other fish of death on it). I got lucky in that the traders there had turtle so I grabbed it and turned off cooking for it to get the shells. I got the shell and he now has it at the workshop. The problem is that I have all kinds of wood and leather and he refuses to grab any. I also have cut gems (moss agate).

I am wondering if I need particular types of material for the possessed dwarf. I have shell, leather, wood, and cut gems and yet he isn't getting it all and just sits there blinking and complaining. If I do need a particular type of gem I might just assign some war dogs to him and position my military... If all else fails I will just deconstruct the shop and see what type of insane he goes (he is only a farmer).

JadeFalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possessed dwarf
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:18:04 pm »

He might be needing more then one shell is the shell request staying up for more then 2 seconds?They seem to cycle wanted items every two secs so if the request stays up for more then that they tend to want multiples of it.

Nomadic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:28:10 pm »

Ok, that makes sense. I only have one shell right now but I have 4 more turtles so I just have to wait for the cooks to prepare the meals.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 09:10:11 pm »

I thought cooking turtles destroyed the shell?
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 09:11:30 pm »

You don't need to cook turtles, just process them in a fishery. But you only get the shells and bones if a dorf actually eats the turtle, so you might need to forbid other food types to speed that process up.

Nomadic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 09:50:30 pm »

@skanky

Cooking does but you don't have to cook them to prepare them. I have cooking turned off so they only use raw turtle in the meals, saving the shells.

@hyndis

My turtles aren't under raw fish (they are just under fish). So I am guessing using the process raw fish job at a fishery won't work.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 01:25:22 am »

@skanky

Cooking does but you don't have to cook them to prepare them. I have cooking turned off so they only use raw turtle in the meals, saving the shells.

It goes like this: Raw Turtle becomes Turtle at the fishery.  This turtle can then be cooked, destroying the shell, or eaten directly, giving you a shell. 

@hyndis

My turtles aren't under raw fish (they are just under fish). So I am guessing using the process raw fish job at a fishery won't work.

If your turtles aren't under raw fish (I.E. it just says Turtle [4] or whatever), they are edible right now.  So have your dwarves hop to it.
1)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:27:16 am by Christes »

Shadowkire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 02:21:33 am »

Your dwarf probably already grabbed the wood and leather he needed, that message just lists everything he needs to make the artifact, not what he still needs to collect.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 06:32:49 am »

Press T and look at the items in the workshop. Those that have "TSK" in blue next to them are being used to make the artifact.

He may need more cut gems. If he didn't bring any gems to the workshop, he might need _rough_ gems, so go mine some but don't cut them.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!