Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pearls  (Read 501 times)

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
Pearls
« on: July 28, 2008, 06:11:21 am »

According to the wiki, mussels "leave pearls", and I have a semi-frozen brook full of them (mussels, that is). So,
How does one retrieve the pearls from within the mussels?
Where do they go when they're free? (I noticed that finished goods stockpiles etc. list pearl as a material)
What are they worth?
and
What can one do with them?

Honestly, I imagined it would work in a similar fashion to the eat uncooked turtle/lobster = shell rule, but so far I haven't seen any pearls. Help!
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pearls
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 06:46:56 am »

So far I think they're purely a human trade good. You can ask for them and they'll bring them, but you cannot obtain or make them yet. Same thing with horns and ivory.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
Re: Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 06:49:03 am »

So, if I were playing "Human Fortress" and found a brook/river/whatever that supported mussels, and had my... humans... fish for and eat them, I'd get pearls? What are they used for, crafts?
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.