Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Did you know Goblins and Elves are immortal?  (Read 606 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Did you know Goblins and Elves are immortal?
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:27:02 am »

That is to say, old age does not seem to affect them at all.

Mr Stosbub "Spidercrowded the Factional Nights", a goblin male was born in the year 1, and over the course of 8955 years he had killed almost three hundred people and outlived every human ever born in the world at any date previous to the last century of history.

Same goes for Kutsmob "Bitchplague the Cunning Man" (what a name...), a female goblin who had killed over 280 people and is 9000 years old and still alive and kicking. She doesn't even have a birth date.

Elves are the same; these races simply don't seem to die of old age. I consider the quite large population of 'worldgen survivors' to be the Sages of my world, to be revered and famous amongst all of the peoples of the Lustrious Planet.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Did you know Goblins and Elves are immortal?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:31:35 am »

looking through the legends, it looks to me as though the more notable a hero is, the less likely they are to die of old age. Though usually they get killed of well before then as a side effect of there job, it can lead to some interesting heroes.

max

• Bay Watcher
  • d/dx optimus=?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 10:40:58 am »

You treat them as sages, I treat them as hunting game. Just think of the idea of hunting a 8955 year old menace!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 11:55:12 am »

Indeed, and their immortality is the reason there are always hordes of elves in World Gen wars. Goblins at least have the courtesy to murder each other to keep their population in check.