Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prioritize site search criteria  (Read 539 times)

Inquisitor Saturn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prioritize site search criteria
« on: July 27, 2008, 02:26:25 pm »

I am tired of inputing some calues for the site finder, and search only to find a "partial candidate" that has everything but a magma tube. To whit, I suggest the ability to set values for each, perhaps 1-5, with 1 being "nice to have" and 5 being "don't show me anything that doesn't have this. Magma is probably the most important thing to me, so it's pretty frustrating to have to remove other wanted features to find one with it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Prioritize site search criteria
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 05:51:07 pm »

I support this, althrough with a twist: IŽd rather be able to prioritize the values in order from most important to least important. AKA: First I want it to have a magma pipe, then a river, then a chasm...

Also, IŽd like the search engine to stop at the first l00% match of the characteristics instead of keeping on searching. And being able to tell it to continue searching if that match isnŽt satisfying.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Odalrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 04:26:28 am »

While we're in wishing mode, store all matches in a list and allow us to move back and forth in that list.

Zwergner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:51:11 am »

FULL SQL SYNTAX SUPPORT  ;D
Dwarf Transplant updating utility