Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are Tower-Caps weak?  (Read 1573 times)

Blucher

• Bay Watcher
  • Had a fine beer lately.
    • View Profile
Re: Are Tower-Caps weak?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 06:31:49 pm »

...do I have to worry about tower caps growing in there? Will smoothing the floors first help?

Unfortunately you do.  The trees grow like weeds too and will clog up your plumbing.  If you have an underground river/lake, then make sure to build floors along your waterways.  Unless something has changed from 38 to 39, smoothing won't be enough either.

I recently had a tree grow RIGHT on the only tile without a built floor (the tile where I made the breach into the water source).  I had to dig out an ugly, and annoying, access passage to get a wodcutter down there to clear it out.

One thing I'm going to try next time is to have my waterways made out of connecting ramps (or stairs).  Haven't tried it yet, but I don't think pants will grow on those.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Are Tower-Caps weak?
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 06:35:30 pm »

What I do is build floors along all my waterways to prevent growth, and carve a fortification as the final tile - tower caps can't grow on fortifications, but water flows through fine.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 [2]