Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How the hell do you assign dogs to particular dwarves?  (Read 660 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
How the hell do you assign dogs to particular dwarves?
« on: July 28, 2008, 07:48:41 am »

I´ve been playing this game for a while, and have seen that referenced in the forums and the wiki often, but I´ve not figured out ??? how to do it
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
Re: How the hell do you assign dogs to particular dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:59:40 am »

Go to (v)iew mode, select a dwarf, go to (p)references and then (e) (I think) to allocate work dogs of either type. Only trained dogs can be assigned, mind, and once they have a master they can never be separated (although I did once manage to "untie" a dog from its master by toggling it for slaughter, then toggling off).
With hunting dogs especially, it's generally better to have your Ranger/Hunter types train the animal in question, who will then automatically be followed by the new hunting dog (so you don't have to assign it, so you don't have to worry about not being able to unassign it).
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:04:41 am »

hm, so I have to train them...

noted, thanks :D
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 08:09:39 am »

hm, so I have to train them...

noted, thanks :D
You're welcome!
I wonder what untrained dogs would do if taken hunting? Probably just chase vermin, sniff them, and then run away, knock down the owner and lick the biscuit crumbs out of his/her beard.

Dogs. Awwwww!
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.