Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan in trouble  (Read 621 times)

Tarlin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caravan in trouble
« on: July 26, 2008, 06:11:38 pm »

Goblin ambush took place during trade with elves.
Some elves were killed as a result then my dogs cleared ambushers. Trade session proceeded.
Elven caravan declared leaving but did not do so.
OK, i've built another depot.
Then human caravan arrived, reached new depot and started unloading.
I gave an order to bring goods there.
Suddenly without any message 'g' and 't' keys disappeared and human vagons moved away...

Any ideas about resuming trades are welcome.
I've expected some troubles with further elven caravans when this one has stuck but human behavior surprise me :-[

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan in trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 10:00:04 pm »

Have you tried deconstructing the first (or both) depots, as a kind of reset key.
You may also want to send that savefile over to the bug forum.

Tarlin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 12:13:39 am »

The same story with autumn dwarven caravan :(
I've read that destruction of depot with traders inside makes them furious so have not try it yet.
I will wait for the next year to see what occur in spring with elves and will probably take radical measures after it.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:51:24 am »

Deconstructing a depot with traders on it causes them to drop all items in the depot and leave. However, they don't bring those items along with them, thus allowing you to simply rob caravans by deconstructing the depot.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 11:14:03 am »

so when they have good pricy stuff i cant afford but would like i could steal *ahem*get them donated for me?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 11:20:17 am »

Yes. Its the cheap and easy way to rob them, but its far too simple. Whats more fun is building elaborate death traps involving levers, floodgates, pumps, and spikes.