Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crafts and stockpiles  (Read 534 times)

Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crafts and stockpiles
« on: July 24, 2008, 09:20:43 pm »

Okay, so I brought a star sapphire ring with me when I embarked (I'm imagining it's a cursed object my dwarves were tasked with protecting (I'm going to have to build its vault and forbid it before the economy starts)), but right now it's out in the open in a goods stockpile where kobolds and other creatures are eagerly waiting for five-fingered discounts at runaway prices.

I created another one-square goods stockpile underground and set it to take rings, no material restrictions, and take from the aboveground stockpile, but...nothing's happening. I haven't restricted materials - though I note star sapphire wasn't in the list to be restricted - or qualities or anything else except the type.

Thoughts?

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Crafts and stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:23:49 pm »

Have you removed rings from the permissions of the stockpile it's currently in?  It won't be moved if the initial stockpile is set to accept rings.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Anu Necunoscut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:25:39 pm »

Yeah, forbidding the item type from the outdoor stockpile after permitting it for the indoor stockpile is how I usually hack these transfers.  If you have a general goods pile indoors, you could also forbid rings from that and then just delete the outdoor pile altogether.

Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:35:07 pm »

Ah! Success! Thanks a lot.

Though I would have expected setting the 'take from X pile' option to handle it...oh well.

Grigarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 10:37:45 pm »

You sire have an active imagination and I commend you for it because that actually sounds flippin cool!  ;)

Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 11:53:03 pm »

What, the 'cursed ring'? Heh, thanks. I chose a site in amongst some volcanoes (using this worldgen set) so the whole region is kinda crappy, should be a pleasant place to set up a watchful guard over a cursed object...