Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BOOM!  (Read 1129 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BOOM!
« on: July 26, 2008, 09:59:13 am »

Yea so i think this will interest some people. my dwarf was unhappy, friend died in a valiant i.e. bloody stupid charge at a crossbow goblin and his unhappy friend was walking through my booze piles for a drink when out of nowhere she quite literally caught on fire and caused a HUGE bloody explosion, taking with her my booze and a dozen dwarves. does this happen often? i would love to hear your thoughts on the matter

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
Re: BOOM!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 10:01:03 am »

lol so booze is explosive? ( of course it's realistic, but i didn't know it was implemented :P)
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 10:03:41 am »

well apparently... stupid bloody random combustion. yea i have made booze bombs in the past but they don't destroy walls or anything like that

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 10:08:59 am »

:P it would be cool if you could use it for quick digging or as some sort of booby traps
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 11:00:00 am »

Booze boils, but doesn't explode. The red clouds look like explosions though, and the boiling brandy can burn bodaciously at the bothersome nobles.  ;D

You can't use it for digging, but booze barrels + pressure plate + bauxite floodgate (and mechanisms) + magma + invaders = BLARAGRH!

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 11:00:56 am »

complicated , but i understand it :P and the result is nice

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 11:05:28 am »

Well, this design works fine without booze, but it's more funny with it.

I don't get where do you guys folk take these myths about exploding booze :-). It looks like it eveporated boiling and leaves hot red clouds, it's like boiling leather and such things.

Also it's funny why have noone commented the "exploding dwarf" yet? :) Total nonsense, funny though.
It was a firesnake or imp leather item [imp leather boiling booze might be another myth, it needs to be verified].
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:07:51 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »

OMG

That just gave me an awesome idea for suicide dwarves

Strap a bomb on 'em, assign 'em to wrestling and their own squad, send 'em out in the middle of the goblins...BOOM

A great use for haulers and nobles.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 03:20:07 pm »

PEASANTS!!!!!  ;D

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 04:43:39 pm »

Goblins aswell should have Kamikaze squads. (or maybe the elves instead? Hmm) Imagine a very agile one with a bomb rushing to whatever stands in the way of the inside of your fortress and the horrible endlessness surrounding it, dodging traps and never stopping, unless dead. (and even then only by having to respect death)
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 09:37:32 pm »

Also it's funny why have noone commented the "exploding dwarf" yet? :) Total nonsense, funny though.
yea look i'm sorry and i wont do it again but i really wanted to see the reaction to my (totally made up)   exploding dwarf. yea i never happened and i won't lie on the forums again but it is a good idea to put a tweak or something that gives a chance of dwarves exploding when very unhappy.
I surprised everyone was more interested in the booze going off than the dwarf.
sorry but i'm sure you all enjoyed it and suicide bombers are a good idea for the next update. so toady? please?