Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cage Traps and Magma Men  (Read 483 times)

Geesuv

• Bay Watcher
  • He needs alcohol to get through the working day
    • View Profile
Cage Traps and Magma Men
« on: July 24, 2008, 05:35:12 am »

Can I use wooden cages to trap magma men or will the cage just burst into flames?
You wouldn't believe how far I got into the trapping process before I realised this could be a problem.
On a side note, can I add the trainable tag to a creature without starting a new fort?
Thanks
Never trust a faerie...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Cage Traps and Magma Men
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 05:55:57 am »

The wooden cages are probably safe.  Since magmamen give off heat, it's a different matter than just fire breathing creatures, but constructions seem to be immune to fire or heat.  Your dwarves and their clothes aren't, but I'm not sure how ambient heat really works.  Hey, only one way to find out.

And yes, you can make creatures trainable without restarting (The fort that is.  I'd turn off the program before changing raws.).  It's one of the few things lucky enough to work that way.

Hmm...  I've never managed to lure a magmaman out of the pipe.  One time when I embarked right next to it the fireman came up though, but he would never stray very far.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.