Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moding Question: Eating Raw Fish / Raw Meat?  (Read 545 times)

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Moding Question: Eating Raw Fish / Raw Meat?
« on: September 07, 2007, 08:22:00 pm »

Hi, quick question. Is there a tag for creatures or civs that allows the creatures to eat raw fish or raw meat? I was thinking of trying an ultra-primative challenge game (no buildings allowed, at least initially), but since I doubt I could feed a fort with just prickle berries I want to let them bypass the usual cooking requirements.

The only thing similar I've seen when looking on the wiki is [BONECARN], but from the description I'm not sure if it actually counts as food when a creature eats it. (It also would be odd to make a refuse pile for the purpose of letting meaty corpses rot into tasty edible bones.) Does anyone know if there is a better tag that I'm overlooking?

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
Re: Moding Question: Eating Raw Fish / Raw Meat?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:33:00 pm »

I added that once on a lark, it didnt seem to change much except my bone carver had nothing to do and one of my farmers choked on a bone. I think, it was confusing.
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 09:02:00 pm »

Technically they'll already eat raw meat, just not unbutchered carcasses. It seems to me that you're going to have to allow yourself at least one workshop, I can't imagine how you'll survive otherwise.

Even then I doubt you can kill enough animals to support an entire fortress, unless you brought a lot of tame ones with you...

[ September 07, 2007: Message edited by: Solara ]

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 10:55:00 pm »

Yeah, I was hoping I could start with nothing but seven spears and use the only wood I get from the wagon for a trade depot, but I guess that wouldn't work. I suppose I can build and deconstruct buildings as I need them.