Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible to carry items from one site to another?  (Read 615 times)

Gnomechomsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible to carry items from one site to another?
« on: July 24, 2008, 08:40:01 am »

Is there any way in the current implementation to take (preferably lots of) items from one world map area to another?  For my purposes, it's okay, for instance, if it involves abandoning the fortress, and reclaiming in another place (maybe overlapping?) with access to a stockpile from the old fort.  Or sending stuff via trade.  Or whatever.

Basically, I'd like to be able to start a fortress with access to objects from an old fortress.  Is there currently any way?

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to carry items from one site to another?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:16:17 am »

you could try hauling them over with an adventurer... but that'l take forever.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:18:13 am »

The only way this might work is doing it in Adventure Mode. You go find the things from the abandoned fort with an adventurer, go to the new site and drop the stuff or give in to starvation. This sounds easier than it is.

Probably a lot of the things would be scattered all around the world tile so that the new fort wouldn't reach them all (or even worse they might disappear, but I think that isn't likely to happen), but this your only hope.

I remember a thread about this where someone was thinking that instead of equipping an adventurer with the things from a fort, he would supply a fort by taking Adamantine and whatnot to the new fort site. I don't remember if he ever got to doing that and did he succeed. I'll try to find the thread.

EDIT: Not the thread I was looking for, but the topic is the same. http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20233.0
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:24:45 am by LASD »

Corak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 01:18:31 pm »

A small note: you can't make a new fortress in any way overlapping an old one.

Gnomechomsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 01:33:03 pm »

Thanks for the pointers!

Too bad...my plan for concentrating the wealth of a world into a single stockpile will have to wait.