Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Low boots v. High boots?  (Read 1014 times)

Corak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Low boots v. High boots?
« on: July 24, 2008, 12:57:51 pm »

What's the difference between these? I checked the raw files and seemingly high boots are heavier but otherwise the same? Am I missing something? I always get confused by the different crafting options... the various boots, gloves v. gauntlets, greaves v. leggings... etc...

Relee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Low boots v. High boots?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 01:43:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's the only difference. Leather Shoes are even lighter and also provide the same defense as either kind of boot, according to the wiki.

But it would be weird to have your soldiers wearing leather shoes with their armour. ^.^;;
- Relee the Squirrel --

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 02:18:23 pm »

I usually pretend High Boots are stiletto boots, which makes for some wierd and amusing situations.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 02:54:05 pm »

Well high boots have [UPSTEP:1] which means it covers the lower legs as well as the feet I think.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 02:56:01 pm »

High boots theoretically protect the lower leg.

I'm pretty sure that's the only difference. Leather Shoes are even lighter and also provide the same defense as either kind of boot, according to the wiki.

But it would be weird to have your soldiers wearing leather shoes with their armour. ^.^;;

Also, material modifiers. Leather's only 50%, compared to the 133% material modifier on my steel boots.