Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Encased in Ice? Causing message overflow.  (Read 612 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Encased in Ice? Causing message overflow.
« on: August 12, 2006, 06:55:00 am »

I have a trapper who is standing in the middle of a section of the river. The river is frozen, but the trapper cannot move. The massive amounts of messages relating to job cancellations for this is causing the game to crash, and not to mention, confuse me as to why the dwarf in question cannot move.

Have attempted turning messages off, but this has not eliminated the crashing. Not sure of exact cause.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Encased in Ice? Causing message overflow.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 06:56:00 am »

Pretty much can't play from last save due to this at the moment, as happens nearly directly after it.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

BeefontheBone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 07:11:00 am »

There's a bug in the code apparently - it's supposed to allow dangerous tiles (like ice) for pathing when you're already standing on a dangerous one but it isn't - it was mentioned in another thread around here somewhere. Try it in the next version, I think Toady said he was fixing it.
etter than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick which has been dipped in sulphuric acid and had razor blades inserted into it. Probably.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 10:35:00 am »

Yeah, that ones on the list for today, although it's always hard to tell how far I'll get.  Once I get through the next 15 I have slated, I'll post it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!