Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carp Pedicure  (Read 869 times)

AW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Carp Pedicure
« on: July 21, 2008, 02:24:59 pm »

http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2008/07/21/lifestyle/style/doc48847a956cfce373846824.txt

39C is awesome.  I hadn't been playing for awhile, then I got a new laptop with a Centrino vPro Core2 Duo.

First fortress got set alight by a dragon and it's been burning for well nigh a year (periodically dwarves light up again if they go near the trade depot which apparently is superheated...I'd love to see a dwarven "thermometer" that I could build to detect the temperature.)

I decided to build a new world and try tweaking the params a little to give more volcanism.  I was rewarded with a hilly region with a magma vent, a named cave, and an underground pool. 

hen smiley and capital U meets, you better be afraid!  -- Deto on interbreeding in DF

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Carp Pedicure
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 03:15:22 pm »

We could totally ruin a business like that. Just sitting outside... "hey, did you hear what happened to Urist?" "No, I didn't!" "Foot torn off by a carp while swimming in the river." "Whoa! Is she alright?" "We've been bringing her food and water, but she's getting pretty miserable."

Also, The Sentinel? I just got that newspaper while I was up in Shippensburg, PA. I think.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Carp Pedicure
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 11:41:33 am »

What exactly did your story have to do with the article?
But whatever the case, it's still pretty funny (for a DFer) to hear about people using carp to get a pedicure...
Jaybud4 cancels Post: Interrupted by carp.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries