Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help on Remv Cre  (Read 739 times)

MiDiMaN

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Help on Remv Cre
« on: July 26, 2008, 03:29:18 pm »

I accidentally used "Remv Cre" on a Mechanic and a Farmer building a Farm Plot and he stopped doing it. I tried to make him remove it, but he just wouldn't touch it afterward. Eventually the "Cannot complete Farm Plot" removed it, but what does this command in the Unit screen do? And how do I cancel whatever it does?

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
Re: Help on Remv Cre
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:43:17 am »

... but what does this command in the Unit screen do?

I was hoping to see an answer to this question, too. "Remv Cre" isn't exactly intuitive, not to me, anyway. Remove... something, clearly. (I'll probably kick myself when I'm told the answer, though, huh?)

It's only available on some of the unit screen (and job screen) lines, but I don't know the significance of that.

Bill

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 10:54:13 am »

It remove the creature from the job it's currently doing, permanently.

The only hope is to start that job again from nothing.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 12:44:09 pm »

I thought for sure "remove creature" meant something to do with work dogs. Lucky I didn't try it.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 01:01:09 pm »

It removes the creature from the job it's currently doing, permanently.

The only hope is to start that job again from nothing.

Well, I did think of "remove creature," but that didn't seem to make sense. It doesn't remove the job, but only the dwarf doing it?

OK, it unlinks the two, I guess. But another dwarf won't come along and do that job?

I think I'd better avoid this command. I can see where it might be useful, but it sounds like it's best left unused right now.

Thanks!

Bill

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 02:46:06 pm »

I always figured it meant "Remove Crew" but hey, same difference right? :)
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

MiDiMaN

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 08:36:30 pm »

My Mechanic eventually started making more mechanisms (after I removed the tasks and queued them up again), and my Farmer did build a Plot.

Thanks for the Reply!

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 03:56:59 am »

I never figured this command could be so destructive (and come on, isn't it obvious that "remv cre" is shorthand for remvhucewhncwhgnuhfwui creguqwinboxqkwdc?!). I actually use it all the time to kick someone off a duty I want them to ignore immediately after toggling the relevant labo(u)r—though it isn't always available for some dwarves/jobs. Does anybody know why?
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.