Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ask for informations and enhanced discussion system  (Read 356 times)

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ask for informations and enhanced discussion system
« on: July 18, 2008, 02:00:59 pm »

I was wandering in adventure mode and finding myself trying to locate and free the two children of a guard, abducted by goblins - for fun.

And I thought it'd be neat to be able to ask for informations about a town, a place, someone. It would work the same way it does for filter in the legend screen : you enter a name and the guy you're talking to tells you what he knows about it.
Indicate the town on your map, giving you the last know location of someone (well, at least one of the places he's been).
It means the game would have to track acquaintances, friends and grudges. Anyway it's necessary for the Quest arc or something.

In order to get informations more easily, you could ask people not only about their "family", but after family ask more precisely about wether they have children, who are their parents, their grandparents. Not only about their profession, but get the list of the jobs they did, who they killed, where they lived and when.

It would appear the same way it does in the legend screen. You ask that guy about his children, he tells you he has 2. Then the best would be to click on one of his children's name, but typing in his name would work as well.

Then either you'd have the complete list, as in the legend screen, or you'd have a menu similar to the first, with "profession", "family", etc. The best would be to type someone's name, then enter the menu "location" and type in a year, and get where they were.
Or not to get it if the guy you're talking to doesn't know the guy you want to know more about.

Instead of getting this randomly, which is quite a pain.