Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help please?  (Read 1065 times)

TRUly juST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help please?
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:58:31 pm »

I'm new here, so first and foremost I want to say I love this game, its just awesome.

Anyway, like I said, I'm new, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to install mads to DF, I can get it to work on most games, bu not this one, can anyone tell me what i am supposed to do, and maybe where s good place to put the files is?

GoreTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually a brain in a jar
    • View Profile
Re: Help please?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 10:23:19 pm »

DF folder > raw > objects.
"Who's John Galt?"

TRUly juST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 10:32:16 pm »

Ok, thanks, one more thing though, how do I play as a race besides the dwarves in Fortress mode?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:36:19 pm by TRUly juST »

GoreTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually a brain in a jar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 10:43:20 pm »

I've never done that before, but I would guess you would cut the CIV_CONTROLLABLE token from their .txt and paste it in the other race in question.
"Who's John Galt?"

TRUly juST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 10:46:30 pm »

The races from the mod already have CIV_Controlable in their txt.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 10:54:52 pm »

Did you spell it right? Is it in caps? Is there anything suspicious in the error log?

I don't think there's any other token that you'd need... remember, to choose between races when embarking, tab until you get to the "Your Civilization" screen on the right. Then use + and - to scroll between the civs. If you have any playable civs other than dwarves, it should show blue icons shaped like that civ's cities on the world map, and you can embark as that civ.

If you can't find a non-dwarf civ there, either they all died or there's some other token you need to add that I forgot.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 10:58:53 pm »

You're using a mod? Which version is it from? The new version has a lot more tokens (flags, such as if you can control the civilization in adventurer/dwarf fort mode) and some of the older mods don't have those flags set properly. Ie. ADVENTURE_TIER, and thus aren't compatible with the latest version.

TRUly juST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 11:03:18 pm »

I got it working now, I just didn't see the selection thing, thanks.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 12:36:03 am »

Also [ADVENTURE_TIER:#] should be free (1 is for humans, 2 is for elves, 3 is for dwarves).
I.e. if you want to add a playability to a new race, make it [ADVENTURE_TIER:4], and so on.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository