Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade Depot interface  (Read 645 times)

history

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trade Depot interface
« on: July 17, 2008, 03:08:01 am »

As my fortresses have grown I've noticed a problem that starts to occur.  Large fortresses often involve large quantities of things and large spaces.  The dump block designation is great for being able to clear a large space without, for a 40x40 space having to seperately dump 1600 pieces of stone. 

When you have a large fortress, or a fair number of legendary dwarfs churning out goods when faced with the trade depot interface, you can have many pages of items you wish to bring to the depot. (even using bins.) If it is possible, one simple change would make the task of bringing goods to the depot much less user intensive.  A 'hilight' type selection feature for the depot interface would allow the user to easily mark 75 pages of items for trade.  (I got that number when I hit the trading/pending barrier of goods selected.)  Just something where we can select a starting good, page down a number of times and select a ending good and have everything inbetween marked for bring to depot would make our lives easier.