Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Center on dead dwarfs  (Read 1024 times)

Sapidus3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daily Innovention
Center on dead dwarfs
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:00:29 pm »

So on the unit screen you can center on everything... Unless its dead.

When I get that horrible purple message telling me that one of my legendary founders has been burned to death, or eaten by a carp, I would like to know, where this happened.

It would also be nice if I could see what a dead dwarf's labor list was. Especially with the immigrants, I can loose track of what exactly I was having a dwarf do.

Well I am on the topic, I find it humorous that you can still check a dead dwarfs thoughts (or rather what they were when they died), and always enjoy seeing that they are content in their tombs. 
http://dailyinnovention.blogspot.com/
A place for ideas with nowhere to go; ideas that would otherwise become stagnate.

Hackenslacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Center on dead dwarfs
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:02:06 am »

z-stocks menu, scroll to corpses. You can zoom to the corpse this way.

Sapidus3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daily Innovention
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 12:13:55 am »

You need to have account of them first. If your stock menu is just rough estimates then you cant see specific items.
A place for ideas with nowhere to go; ideas that would otherwise become stagnate.

Hackenslacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 01:31:09 am »

It'll work at least until there are 10+ corpses. I don't know what it takes to have more than ten corpses before you have any chair built for your clerk to improve count precision.

Felix the Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 04:45:26 am »

It'll work at least until there are 10+ corpses. I don't know what it takes to have more than ten corpses before you have any chair built for your clerk to improve count precision.

A terrifying swamp with a river adjacent to a savage mountain?

Zombie carp + giant eagles = massive dwarf carnage!

LrZeph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 07:48:01 am »

get a record keeper to update everything
And everyone knows, when the Dwarves come out of the walls, it's all over.

PenguinSeph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 08:25:59 am »

I agree. We should be able to use the unit screen to find dead dwarfs. Often I will lose dwarfs and have no idea where it happened.

You can use the stocks menu, but it would make more sense to be able to use the already existing option for finding dwarfs.

Sapidus3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daily Innovention
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 11:01:46 am »

Early forts, when one dwarf is serving all functions, will have trouble using the stock menu like that.

I also still would like to be able to see what their labor preferences had been.

If you want to be even more ambitious you could even make a memorial screen that records all of the dead dwarfs, time, cause, and location of death, and other information (such as labor preferences) that you may want to check on your dead dwarfs.