Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I hope Dwarf Fortress has submarines eventually..  (Read 2282 times)

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I hope Dwarf Fortress has submarines eventually..
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 11:09:29 am »

man. i'm totally off about the submarines. either way, submarines would be awesome.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 12:05:49 pm »

If toady ever includes air pressure in the simulation then we could engineer such things with water, since water does not compress and air does.  You could set up a chamber deep in the ground with a sealed water passage that fills, thus pushing all the air into the chamber, then when the door is opened the room is 'explosively decompressed' causing FUN.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 01:19:30 pm »

Dwarven submarines would indeed be awesome. Then we could have pirate invasions (assuming a large enough body of water existed near the fort) and shoot booze-powered torpedoes at elves.

Or go a bit less insane and have submarines that would surface and fire catapults or something. I'd love to be able to construct ships and send them out to sea ... I can just imagine the Fun when the food runs out and they get lost. Or attacked by giant sea monsters. Or half-sunk by storms. Or boarded by zombie carp.
Pages: 1 [2]