Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick Suggestion: Export Any Legend Page to Text  (Read 592 times)

Lord Licorice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/
Quick Suggestion: Export Any Legend Page to Text
« on: July 16, 2008, 04:04:56 am »

A quick, simple request: The ability to export a single page of text to file. Any legend page, whether creature history or war summary or every-single-historical-entity overview, whatever, just spit it out into a text file if I hit uppercase-P or something. I'd like to show off adventurers and enemies and such, but taking multiple screenshots gets tiresome really quickly. Formatting isn't even really important, the utility doesn't need to try and guess what information I'm really trying to print, just getting what's on a given screen out of the game and into a plaintext file would be spectacular.
Derp.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Suggestion: Export Any Legend Page to Text
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:42:51 am »

There's a request that seems to be under serious consideration to export the whole shebang as HTML (Or XML, or something)

I'll look for the link:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=5928.0

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:46:54 am by Granite26 »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Suggestion: Export Any Legend Page to Text
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 05:05:39 pm »

As a stopgap, though, that's not a bad suggestion.

Heck, I'd be happy with an option to dump the whole Legends entry out into a plain text file that I can parse for now. The eventual hyperlinked thing will be awesome when it's done, but for those of us that are ok with a 60mb file dumped out it'd be a good beginning step.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One