Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infinite rejected maps  (Read 583 times)

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infinite rejected maps
« on: July 16, 2008, 02:10:34 pm »

I'm having a problem with figuring out good settings for custom maps. Every time I try to increase anything interesting, it ends up rejecting all of the worlds. The rejections for my current attempt are up to 2000 so far.

Will it eventually generate a map based on the settings, or should I be a bit more moderate with my modifications?

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Re: Infinite rejected maps
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 02:11:53 pm »

Make a new one, if it's got 2k rejections its in an infinite loop.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 03:50:51 pm »

I've seen it mentioned that checking the appropriate log file (don't remember which one, or where, but it should be easy to find) can help you figure out why exactly the worlds are being rejected, thus helping you to further adjust the settings to satisfy the game's demands.

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 03:58:34 pm »

The log files will help a lot in figuring out what's wrong. For my stuff I just entirely remove the "minimum" stuff and let it make screwed-up worlds if it wants. More fun that way. :D
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 04:19:40 pm »

I had this problem in 38c. I grabbed my save folder, reinstalled, and dropped my save folder into the new directory. The fresh install worked fine.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Angellus

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 04:59:47 pm »

I've had worldgens with over 10k rejects still find a world in the end (been playing around)
enlarging the map also seems to work, as I had a 9k reject cancelled and tried it again on a larger map, which instantly worked.