Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39b] Asked a civilian about his profession, called him a "mighty warrior"  (Read 828 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

Is this a bug?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probaby not a "bug", but yes, the player call everybody "mighty warrior", from herbalists to children.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none

I believe it's intentional.

If you were a adventurer, setting out to form a party for increased chances at success, would you call your potential recruits mighty warriors or meatshields?

At the moment the line only appears to work on drunkards and other competence reservists, but it's a sure fire way to weed out the complete throwaways. :D
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is my Seventeenth year as a bone carver.

This may be nitpicking - in fact I know it is, but I can't help myself - but there's no particular reason "Seventeenth" should be capitalized, is there? Are all ordinal numbers (e.g. first, second, fifty-sixth) capitalized? I never noticed.
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

This makes sense for three groups:
-Drunks you want to flatter into serving you.
-People who you might actually think of as mighty warriors.
-Children, assuming you are a good guy. If your a bad guy, it seems to nice for you to be joking with children.

Craftspeople and people who are your equals should have different text.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would be nice to have 2 or 3 set phrases for each group-- mighty warrior complement for fighters and people you want to join, "You look like a clever artist!" for anybody else. And I love how children say "I'm!" when complimented.

ravensword227

• Bay Watcher
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile

I got a child that spoke and said "I'm one!"  How literacy is prevailing in human towns!
Dumed Zustashlorbam, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Skeletal hammerhead shark.