Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf publishing presents  (Read 2102 times)

Zoston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf publishing presents
« on: July 08, 2008, 07:21:24 am »

Dwarf Publishing presents: Dwarf Dwarvson and the Blue Tide!
A Dwarf Dwarvson illustrated novel

From the publishers who brougth you the illustrated versions of such famous classic Dwarfish children's stories like "Dwarfsel and Dwartel and the Adamantine House", "Mithrilwhite and the seven humans" or "Dwarferella" now comes the children's tale of our time: Dwarf Dwarvson! Beloved by Dwarven youngsters everywhere for a decade, Dwarf Publishing now presents you the first and most classic Dwarvson tale "Dwarf Dwarvson and the Blue Tide" for the first time in illustrated format! Do not miss this opportunity to get this historic edition!

But don't take our word for it, read what the critics have to say about this historic first ever Illustrated Edition of Dwarf Dwarvson:

"Dwarf publishing has brougth Dwarvson to life in a way never seen before. You will quiver when you see the fear on Dwarvon's face when he battles the carp hordes, wonder in awe at the amazing contraptions in Clobberedtomb and laugh with him at the antics of Boris. This is a story no children's bookcase should be without!"
-- Meng Notinourpocket, Critic for the Sellout Times. "Ps: Bring monies. Lots of it."

"Dwarf Dwarvson is a model of our times, a true hero any parent should be proud to have their children look up to. Whether it is monsters from the deep or mad experiments gone wrong, Dwarvson faces it with the grim determination and ingeniuty that hallmark the best of dwarfkind."
-- Urist Stoutheart, Homehearth Daily

"A dragon bit off both my arms legs and upper body, bedding me for life. But reading Dwarvsons tales for these kids that keep bugging me has comforted me greatly."
-- Sigurd Heavyhanded, Ambulatory Head on a pillow

Still not convinced? Then Dwarf publishing is proud to present the first ever public preview of this new and historic illustrated Dwarvson tale. Beware, the following preview is bound to leave you wanting for more Dwarvson!

(Cajoes Superartist canceled colouring: needs more blue dye.)

"This is the log of Dwarf Dwarvson, former shoemaker, former flagpole, former scientist and now submarine captain. I record these events in the hope that if I fail, somebody else can use my knowledge to try again.

The blue tide, as we call it, appeared on the dawn of 1075, when the banks of the Corralis river began to widen. Three months later the first reports came in from scouts, that land to the north had been flooded. We presumed an unusual strong winter in the mountains, and left it at that.

How wrong we where, four months later the tide had advanced and showed no signs of stopping. Scouts send out per boat to see what was going on only saw miles upon miles of floodlands, growing ever deeper the farther they went in. They had to return after several days out of fear that they'd be lost and would not find their way home.

We poured over our records, trying to find the cause, we hired human sailors to sail deep into the blue tide, but nothing worked. A year after we first saw the blue tide we had to abandon our village, now a port, to oncoming flood.

When I arrived at Zorkovtur, the dwarfish capital, along with other refugees I heard of the true extend of the disaster. Countless fortresses around the continent had already been flooded, Elf, Man and Dwarf alike had to run before the tide. Some unlucky people not even having time to pack their fields before they had to run.

The kings greatest scientists had not been able to figure out the cause, and the blue tide showed no signs of stopping. In desperation I poured over the records of ancient dwarf disasters, until finally, in a footnote, I found a reference to the infinite flooding of Durkumal, Dwarf Outpost in the year 576.

I considered it unbelievable, it could not be. Yet here, plain as day, it describe how dwarfish engineers in Durkumal made a terrible mistake, warping the very laws of physics in their mad hydraulic experiments. I knew that this was it.

I poured over water-soaked records, many having already been lost, and found the evidence. Avedrakust, the Clobberedtomb, founded in the 1050's, it's last reports citing they could no longer shut down their pumps.

There, at last was the source of the dreaded blue tide. There was no time to waste, the King's advisers thought the plan mad, but he had no choice, noone else had a theory. I assembled a crack team of dwarfs. Limpy Limpson, gemcutter extraordinaire. Binky Binkson, woodcutter. Davy Davson, dyer. And Boris G. Enius-Enginerus, clown. And build a submarine to set of into the murky depths of a dwarf fortress gone horribly wrong."

Dwarf Dwarvson and the Blue Tide, order it from your local Dwarfish bookstore!

And don't forget to read the other amazing Dwarvson stories published by Dwarf publishing:
 Dwarf Dwarvson and the Blue Terror
 Dwarf Dwarvson and the Snowman Kingdom
 Dwarf Dwarvson and the Return of the Clown
 Dwarf Dwarvson and the Dreaded Underground River of Doom
 Dwarf Dwarvson and the Volcano of Fire
 Dwarf Dwarvson and the Goblin Hordes
 Dwarf Dwarvson and the Titan down the Well
 Dwarf Dwarvson and the Spider Queen
 Dwarf Dwarvson and the Bath-Tub to the Stars
 Dwarf Dwarvson and the Dreadfully Dreadlocked Dreaded Dreadnoughs of The Dread Forest of Dreads.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:58:31 am by Zoston »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf publishing presents
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 07:25:57 am »

This is Indiana Johnes related, isn't it? =)
I always wanted some epic story about detailed dungeon full of deadly traps and magma falls. And zombie nobles =).
And make it country-wide... True awesomeness.

Anyway, enlighten me, I see what's "dwarverella" and others about, but what about "Dwarf Dwarvson"?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zoston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 07:53:26 am »

This is Indiana Johnes related, isn't it? =)
I always wanted some epic story about detailed dungeon full of deadly traps and magma falls. And zombie nobles =).
And make it country-wide... True awesomeness.

Anyway, enlighten me, I see what's "dwarverella" and others about, but what about "Dwarf Dwarvson"?

Dwarf Dwarvson is a true dwarfish hero for all ages. Facing regular Dwarfish dangers such as goblins, batman, or hydraulic experiments gone horribly wrong, Dwarf Dwarvson overcomes them all with grit, ingenuity, and heroic stunts that will have the little ones squealing with delight. ;)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 07:58:17 am »

Olon Kills Robek.
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 10:23:51 am »

Olon Kills Robek.

Damn it Bullion!  I haven't finished it yet!  Thanks a lot, you jerk, you've ruined the whole thing.

;)
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Belteshazzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:16:29 pm »

Is it wrong that iTunes just happened to start up the Indiana Jones theme just before I entered this topic? I forgot I even had that soundclip.
In the year 570, Kjerdregus occurred.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 10:36:28 pm »

you typoed dreadnoughts :<

At any rate, is there -any- chance of this actually being written by anyone?  It'd be awesome, I tells ya!
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 10:54:30 pm »

Looks Lovely. Hope it sees print! Unfortunately, Dwarven comic books are made of stone and bound with more stone, printed with stone ink. They weigh 12 tons.

But still, awesome sauce!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 02:05:27 am »

We work in tandem, he writes, I scribble the less-than masterwork illustrations.

Don't expect it to move very quickly thou, I have to engrave a block of stone first then make a charcoal rubbing off it which I can then ink and scan in.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Zoston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 06:05:54 am »

you typoed dreadnoughts :<

At any rate, is there -any- chance of this actually being written by anyone?  It'd be awesome, I tells ya!

Never say never, but it takes a lot time to make those +Dwarvson Novels+ and Dwarfs tend to cancel the task due to needing to eat/sleep/drink/interrupted by batman.

(Cajoes does a lot more then he gives himself credit for. X3)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 06:07:32 am by Zoston »

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 06:12:34 am »

"As I was enjoying my brew, at the local yon inn, a most peculiar event unfolded."

"A metal bat came out of the blue, and knocked over the drink I had ordered."

"A figure of shadows then over me crept, startled I cried, waking those who slept."

"Who are you?!"

To which he only replied...

"I'm Batman..."

And then he was nowhere to be beholded."

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 06:19:15 am »

Edit: We humbly apologize for any delays on our part due to unforeseen communication errors which had to be corrected. Kindly check back with Dwarf Publishing.Inc for amazing new titles! (Note: All Dwarvson Stories are works of fiction and should not be taken seriously or out of context. No action portrayed or described in Dwarvson books should be attempted in real or simulated life under any circumstance on the pain of severe personal injury. Dwarf Publishing are in no way responsible for what you may do once you've acquired the book and don't bother to ask for refunds either. Have a lovely day.)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:11:54 pm by Cajoes »

Zoston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 05:23:53 pm »

"There I was, the humongous awe-inspiring yet silently terrifying figure of the creator god before me. The room, if this massive vaunted space could be called a room, spanned vaster then a world, and I had to avoid peering at the walls lest my eyes throb from the unfathomable distance. Weird contraptions that would hobbitize mountains were all around, humming with unworldly sounds. Yet I knew that I had to wake this creature, somehow, or else all of creation would be trapped in eternal slumber... forever!"

Dwarf Publishing hopes you've enjoyed this new preview of the latest installment in Dwarf Dwarvson's exciting series! Remember to check out all Dwarf Publishing's Dwarf Dwarvson tales at your local Dwarfish Bookstore!